Soil Association Calls for New Food for Life Served Here Standards Committee Members
Open to cooks/chefs with experience in the commercial catering industry who “enjoy meeting and working with other industry experts” and “would like to support the development of best practice standards for foodservice,” applicants must have:
- An appreciation of the benefits of using organic, local, fresh and healthy ingredients in the food service industry
- An ability to articulate the consumer or industry perspective from an informed position
- Experience of working in committees or groups to achieve consensus is desirable.
To be considered, they also need to have at least two of the following:
- Considerable experience as a large contract caterer for schools, or in an NHS hospital trust serving freshly cooked food
- Recognition as a thought leader or wider policy expert on healthy and sustainable diets
- Knowledge and understanding of English or Scottish food policy, particularly for schools
- Membership of other best practice food networks, such as the HCA, APSE or LACA
- A commitment to the Food for Life Served Here scheme and an understanding of the Soil Association’s role in improving food served outside of the home
For more information or to apply, send your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com (Jen) by 5pm 1 March 2018.