HCL Awards Winners Announced
Hertfordshire Catering Ltd (HCL) hosted an awards evening on May 17 at the Shendish Manor in Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire.
Over 140 shortlisted nominees, and those who nominated them, attended the Gala Dinner and Awards Ceremony, hosted by comedian, television personality and star performer Ian Irving.
The 14 category awards were presented for outstanding contributions by the award sponsors, along with HCL’s chief executive, Ian Hamilton.
Hamilton, also a member of this year’s judging panel, said: “Congratulations to all our winners. I’d like to thank everyone for their commitment and dedication in putting forward for consideration the many shining stars we have in our workforce, making HCL such an inspirational company. It is profoundly heart-warming to see the high esteem that our teams are held in.”
He added: “Our staff are our greatest asset; they have great passion for what they do and have a huge commitment to the schools they work with. Our awards ceremony is just one of the ways we celebrate them, and the outstanding contribution they make.”
Award winners included:
– Chef Manager of the Year sponsored by Radnor Hills – Tracey Smith
– Secondary School / Academy Catering Team of the Year sponsored by Willis Jenkins – St Michael’s Catholic High School
– HCL Manager of the Year sponsored by Bidfood – Lin Bateman
– Special Contribution Award sponsored by Hobart UK – Michael Goulston
– HCL Partner of the Year sponsored by W. V. Howe Ltd. – Vicky Alvedro
– Mobile Workforce Award sponsored by Love Joes – Annette Blackburn
– Delivering Service Exellence sponsored by MorVend – Lorraine Corbett
– Primary School / Academy Catering Team of the Year – Region A sponsored by Unilever Food Solutions – Peartree Spring Primary School
– Primary School / Academy Catering Team of the Year – Region B sponsored by Green Gourmet – Burleigh School
– Primary School / Academy Catering Team of the Year – Region C sponsored by McCain Foodservice – Kingsway Infant School
– Cook Manager of the Year (Primary Schools – Region A) sponsored by Premier Foodservice – Irene Brooks
– Cook Manager of the Year (Primary Schools – Region B) sponsored by Quorn Foods – Lisa Rock
– Cook Manager of the Year (Primary Schools – Region C) sponsored by Histons Produce Ltd – Lesley Hyslop
– Chairman’s Award sponsored by HCL – Lin O’Brien